Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mixed Bag

D and I passed our 10th Anniversary on Friday. SHOCKING! We each took the entire day from work to spend time together; a big breakfast at The Old European restaurant (open daily from 6am-2pm) , "The House Bunny" at the movie theater, a large seafood meal at home with the kids, and "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" after the kids were in bed. Surprising, I know, but neither D nor I had ever seen "Fast Times..." prior to Friday night. We also watched "Used Cars", a Kurt Russell movie from 1980, last night.

***

Unofficial Movie Review: The House Bunny. This movie is rated PG-13, and I think that might be a little too relaxed: adult content (scantily clad women, frequent innuendo) is highly inappropriate for young teenagers. However, even though I was skeptical, I did enjoy the movie. I would not purchase or purposely re-watch this movie, but it was good for some laughs. Rating: 3 stars (out of five).

***

The school year is about to begin, and even though classes don't start until Wednesday, we have school-related activities tomorrow (Kindergarten Orientation Night) and Tuesday (Back-to-School Night at the elementary school). I am also leaving work early tomorrow to have a special lunch and one-on-one time with Owl since she is about to start High School. I'll try to report on that later.

No comments: