Thursday, January 17, 2008

A 'Getting to Know You' Activity

1. Were you named after anyone?
Not particularly ... my mom found my name in the Bible and liked it.
2. When was the last time you cried?
Can't remember
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Usually not, although I like my signature.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Roast beef (preferably with cheddar cheese on a croissant and heated; or on a french dip sub).
5. Do you have kids?
Yes: Owl - 14-years; Tigger - 8-years; Lumpy - 4-years.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Yeah, I'm a likeable person. :)
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Who, me? ;)
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes
9. Would you bungee jump?
Only if I had to (i.e., to save a life).
10. What is your favorite cereal?
Cracklin' Oat Bran (my husband calls it 'cat treats')
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
If they have laces, every time.
12. Do you think you are strong?
Not really, either physically or emotionally.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
I can't remember the name, but it has swirls of raspberry sherbet and chunks of chocolate.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their smile ... and if they smile often.
15. Red or pink?
Red
16. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
Being overweight and out-of-shape... does that count as 2 things?
17. Who do you miss the most?
My grandfather.
18. What color pants and shoes/socks are you wearing?
Red and blue plaid pajama bottoms and tan 'memory foam' slippers.
19. What was the last thing you ate?
Steak fries dipper in tartar sauce
20. What are you listening to right now?
Silence.
21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
A deep jewel color; probably a purple.
22. Favorite smells?
My childrens' hair when it is clean; chocolate; raspberry; pumpkin pie spice (cloves and cinnamon, especially); evergreen trees, oranges, citrus-scented cleaners.
23. Who was the last person you spoke with on the phone?
My husband.
24. Favorite sports to watch?
Winter olympics skating events; baseball - in person; local college football - in person; Summer Olympics - gymnastics
25. Hair color?
Light brown (although my youngest says it is 'yellow, like mine.')
26. Eye color?
Most people say green; some say blue ... some of both.
27. Do you wear contacts?
No, although I used to.
28. Favorite food?
Steak with A-1 sauce or horseradish. Almost anything somebody else cooked.
29. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings, definitely!
30. Last movie you watched?
Evan Almighty
31. What color shirt are you wearing?
Navy blue 'hoodie' sweatshirt with "Magic Kingdom / 2005 / Walt Disney World" printed on it.
32. Summer or winter?
Neither ... Spring
33. Hugs or kisses?
Both (from family)
34. Favorite dessert?
Ice cream ... or cheesecake.
35. What book are you reading now?
I just finished "I Heard That Song Before" by Mary Higgins Clark.
36. What is on your mouse pad?
Pictures of my kids from a trip we took last year.
37. What did you watch on TV last night?
Didn't watch TV last night; don't watch it very often.
38. Favorite sound?
My kids' laughter.
39. Rolling Stones or Beatles?
Neither, I've "gone country."
40. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Does it count if I lived there? If so, Italy.
41. Do you have a special talent?
I can type very fast ... I write creatively.
42. Where were you born?
England
43. What time is it now?
6:30 am

No comments: