Thursday, January 03, 2008

Big, Fun, Scary Adventure

I received an invitation the other day from Chris Baty, the founder of National Novel Writing Month (better known as NaNoWriMo). The invitation was to take part in Big, Fun, Scary Adventure Challenge 2008.
The Challenge works like this: All of us come up with a list of things that we've long dreamed about doing, making, or being. These can be hard-nosed acts of practical skill-acquisition, such as becoming a ninja and learning to kill people with one's eyebrows. Or they can be fantastical notions such as going back to school and getting a degree in business administration.
...
To take part in the challenge, you just need to post at least one big, fun, or scary goal for yourself in the BFS forum of the NaNoWriMo site. Then, come January 1, we'll roll up our sleeves, pack a lunch and a change of underwear, and set out into the unknown together.
I am competing, and though it is already the 3rd day of the year and I am slacking on at least one of my challenges, I am going to do my utmost to get back on track and do the things I have listed (check the sidebar, above my blogroll).
If you would like to take part, as well, just go here to sign up.

No comments: