Monday, October 22, 2007

Weight Loss

Well, the "Health and Fitness" angle hasn't been working for me, so now I'm going to try to just lose weight. As of this morning, I weigh 183 pounds. My first goal is to be 5 pounds lighter by my birthday in the middle of November. My next goal is to be 10 pounds lighter, rather than 10 pounds heavier, by the 1st of the year. My long-term goal is to maintain a weight of 155 to 160 pounds; numbers I haven’t seen on the scale since before D and I met. However, I am still doing this for the same reasons I expounded before: I want my kids to see me making healthy choices about what I eat and how I spend my time; and I want to be able to walk without my thighs rubbing together.
The lifestyle that I have chosen is low-glycemic impact (low-G.I.) which means I'll be eating a lot of the items listed in the green section. I will also be signing up for a class through my local parks and recreation department called "Core Concepts," a class which will meet three days a week from 12:15 to 12:45 pm. My official weigh-in day will be Tuesdays, since I am starting my new eating plan on a Tuesday. So, I'll be back tomorrow with my first official weigh-in; if I have time, and can find the measuring tape, I may even do a few body measurements (upper arms, waist, hips, thighs, calves).

No comments: