Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Failing

I. Am. Failing!
I haven't even managed to stay on my "diet" for a whole day. I was going along great yesterday until sitting down to dinner, when I managed to wolf down three slices of (formerly) frozen pizza after eating my healthy salad.
Today, I didn't even make it through lunch. Rather than eating an actual lunch, I used most of that hour to run errands (shopping for a belt, toilet paper, Halloween candy, soda pop for D), so that I only had about 30 seconds to grab something from the 'fridge to take back to work for lunch ... leftover pizza. And tonight I took the kids to DQ for treats because Lumpy* earned a free ice cream for entering the Jack-O-Lantern contest at her day care ... and of course I had to have one because the Blizzard Of The Month is peanut butter cup and blizzards are my favorite ice cream treat from DQ and I had a coupon for .39 off. I'm just glad I didn't have the BOGO coupon or I would have bought a second one to keep in the freezer for this weekend. Lumpy had a DQ Sandwich, Tigger had a Dilly Bar, Owl had a grape-flavored Mr. Misty Freeze (the kind with the ice cream mixed into the Mr. Misty slush).
I have, however, signed up for the class I mentioned I was going to take. It begins on November 5th and I am SOOOOOO excited about it.
Also, since Tigger's scout meeting for tomorrow night was canceled, I think I'll use some of that hour to prepare celery sticks ... I should have done that tonight, but I was working on balancing my checkbook instead (and writing this blog post).

*Yes, I have nicknamed my three children after character's from Disney's Winnie-The-Pooh movies. If you are not familiar with some of the more recent movies, "Lumpy" is the nickname for Heffridge Trumpler Brompet Heffalump, IV, a young "heffalump" whom Roo meets and befriends. Lumpy is full of laughter, bouncing is what Tigger's do best and Owl is very knowledgeable about books (both in the movies and in my house).

No comments: