Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm Back

Well, I took a bit of a hiatus from writing ... at least on this blog. But if you look to the bottom of my blogroll (on the left), you'll see what I was doing.
That's right. I competed in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month, for the uninitiated) 2007 and WON! I wrote a 50,136 word fantasy novel aimed at youthful readers. It was tiring and stressful, and within two days of finishing, I was thinking about doing it again. Yeah, even though I wrote 16,000 of those words in the last week of the competition, and regardless of the fact that I really didn't sleep that last week because I still had to go to work full-time, too. It felt good. REALLY good. Now I just have to get in the habit of writing on a regular basis...
Oh, and I need to edit the novel I wrote during NaNoWriMo. I might even be able to whip it into shape for publication... Now isn't THAT a dream to be realized?

No comments: