Sunday, July 13, 2008

Many topics, no cohesion

I've added a new blog to my sidebar; A Kiss, A Hug, and A Squeeze. I only found this blog today; and I am already in love with Alana's writing. How often do you come across something where, within just a few lines, you find that you can SO TOTALLY RELATE? That's what happened to me today when I started reading this blog. I am going to have to make some time to read her archives...

***

I haven't done a good job of posting about my weight and diet and such on this blog ... because I haven't been doing much to lower my weight, or making a healthy 'life change' regarding my diet, and I certainly have not been exercising. Part of this is because of my (poor) eating habits; 1) I am an emotional eater, so I eat when I'm angry or sad (which seems to be most of the time these days); 2) I am a mindless eater, so I eat whenever I am doing something that doesn't keep my hands busy (i.e., reading or watching television); 3) I am lazy, so I don't take the time to prepare healthy snacks, so when I reach for something (see #2 and #3 above), I choose unhealthy options (i.e., frozen ice cream treats, chips, uncooked pasta [macaroni, rotini, or angel hair are my favorites]). Part of this can also be attributed to my poor sleep habits; I don't go to bed early enough to get up early enough to exercise in the morning, and if I exercise in the evening I won't be able to sleep.

***

I recently bought a new (toy) tool. A Whirlpool Duet Sport with the Sanitary Wash cycle. I have been "outsourcing" my laundry, at least the washing part, for several months; unfortunately, that does not mean that somebody else has been doing it, that just means that I have been leaving my home. However, I did get the washing machine for a $70 discount because it was the last one in stock, and it has a VERY small dent on the top, and I. HEART. THIS. MACHINE! It is more than just being able to stay home to get this chore done: it is extremely efficient in both water and detergent usage, it will wash enough clothing at once time that I have to split the load in two for the dryer, the clothes don't take as long to get dry.... I could go on, but I'd rather not be a bore.

***

I need to keep a notebook with blog post ideas. The ideas come to me when I am far away from my computer, and by the time I get a chance to type ... poof! ... the ideas are gone. However, I am determined not to purchase another notebook for this purpose. I am a lover of paper, especially bound into a cute and/or useful notebook, and I should have more than sufficient resources already available to preclude another purchase. I have to admit, though, that this is a test ... and I hope to pass.

***

I think I know why Owl really likes ellipses. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't sound like you're lazy. It just sounds like you get a bit overwhelmed and can't equally prioritize everything you'd like to be doing toward self-care.