Thursday, June 19, 2008

Three Months

Wow! It's been three months since I posted anything here ... and the time has alternately raced by at supersonic speed and crawled like a slug on ice.

Anyway, I figure that I have been going at this all wrong. I originally came here to find, to uncover, to UNEARTH my muse, if you will. Unfortunately, she appears to be taking a hiatus. I think she's hiding because I have been waiting for her to sneak up behind me and strike me dumb with her inspiration; I don't think she likes physical violence. She may also believe that "God helps those who help themselves."

So, rather than waiting for my muse to clout me randomly with motivation, I have decided it is time for me to do what I love to do ... and that is to write. "I write for the same reason I breathe; because I would die if I didn't." I think I paraphrased that poorly, and I don't know who to thank, but it is definitely how I feel.

I can hear you now. "Ha, ha. Obviously that is not true, because she hasn't written for three months, so she would be dead." But in actuality I have been writing; just not here. As time permits, I may share some of my off-line thoughts and words; or I may just have so much to write (and I'm sure you are all waiting anxiously) that is new that I don't have time to share the old stuff.

So that's how things are going to be.

Oh, and I am still trying to lose weight. I am starting the "South Beach Diet: Supercharged" on Monday, June 23. I will post my starting (again) information at that time. I could ask that you wish me luck, but I would prefer that you wish me willpower and stamina.

No comments: