Sunday, June 10, 2007

Be Gentle

Hello. Please be gentle with me, this is my first time. Yes, it's true. I am a novice, a neophyte; I am a blog virgin. Oh, I've been reading blogs for nearly a year (once I figure out how, I'll add a blogroll), but I'm finally taking the plunge and writing my first post. I've been thinking about it since July 2006; I even had my blog title at the beginning of August, but I haven't posted anything because I've been afraid. "Afraid of what?" you ask. Well, I’m afraid that nobody will find this blog, or that people will find it and not like it, or they'll like it but not comment, or the comments will be about how badly I’m writing (like this long, run-on sentence). I’m afraid of other things, too, like internet safety, identity theft, job security. But, I have finally decided to do it. I’m going to start this blog, and I’m going to follow the advice of Anne Lamott and Dorothea Brande, and I’m going to write every day. Some days I may even share what I’ve written with you.

1 comment:

Mrs. Flinger said...

Welcome! Personally, as I heart Anne Lammott, you can't go wrong writing every day. I know only half of what I write is even worth reading myself. :-)